visit me on influenster

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wet N Wild | Limited Edition 'Pop Art' lip swatches



I finally got my hands on Wet N Wilds new-ish, and limited edition, Pop Art  collection. Read more to see swatches and my thoughts on each of the three colors.

When I first saw the teasers for this collection, I got super excited. The colors of all the products were bright and awesome, and there were actually lipglosses and not just liquid matte lips. Out of the three colors, only one was a winner for me, while the other two just kinda fell flat.

please excuse my face, I'm not sure what look I'm going for.
The first color is Violet In Furs and is a jelly purple, and by that I mean it looks like you've just gotten done eating a jelly sammich. The color looks bright and vibrant, but falls to reach totally opaqueness and becomes extremely blotchy and uneven. I really wanted to fall in love with this color, but I don't think that's ever going to happen.






am I trying to look cute? 'cause it's not happening. 
The second color is 'Raised On Good Corals', which is the overall winner out of the three for me. It had the most opaqueness and went on evenly without any problems. Out of the three shades I own, this is easily the most wearable of the bunch.






I don't even know what to say about this face.


Lastly is "Very Well Read", which as you can guess, is a traditional red shade. Now I'm not a fan of red lips as I find that pale skin and red lips usually equals a pin up look, which is a look that I'm not going for, not now, not really ever (let's be honest, it's over played and worn out.) This was the second easiest to apply, with only two coats to make it the opaqueness that I wanted.



Each of these shades has totally movability, but each time I moved my lips for anything (eating, drinking or breathing) the color slipped around and ended up on my chin and upper lip area. If I had to give these glosses a rating, I would say a solid 3.5 out of 5. The colors are nice, but they lack stay power and total opaqueness; but for $1 a piece, I'm not going to complain that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment