visit me on influenster

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

top 5 best liquid lipsticks and top 4 worst liquid lipsticks.







I was going through my lipstick draw and realized something, there's only really five that I use all the time. As I went on cleaning out the draw, I found that the four worst liquid lips that I owned where from Kat Von D. Read on for a review and my honest thoughts on these nine liquid lips.






Let's get the negatives out of the way first:



KVD - Lolita, Adora, Berlin and Backstage Bambi.
I disliked these liquid lips for two reasons: The first is that they are the MOST drying products you could put on your lips, like seriously, sand paper would provide most hydration; and second, she pushes an agenda (which I'm NOT hating on) when her parent company is owned by a larger company that does in fact TEST on animals. Kat Von D is owned by Spehora, which in turn, is owned by LVMH, which tests on animals; so she looks like a giant fool in that sense. If these liquid lips weren't so damn drying, I would love them. The shades are absolutely beautiful, not to mentioned that the names are definitely in a class their own. Also, they smell weird. Here are some helpful links on the subject.

L to R: KVD - Backstage Bambi, Lolita, Adora, Berlin

End verdict:
I hate these liquid lips, they are dry and terrible; however, the shades are pretty awesome. Kat Von D will never again get my money, quote me on that. 
0/10


Now onto the positives:

NYX - Morocco/Istanbu/Transylvania
We all know that I love NYX, and there's no shame in my game. I've found that each lipgloss, lipstick and liquid lip that I get from them is better than the last. The soft matte lip creams are creamy, highly pigmented and actually soft on the lips and to the touch. If I had to pick a favorite NYX lip product, it would probably be the soft matte lip creams. I can't get enough of them! (and hint hint: they're usually on sale at Target.) The soft matte lip creams that I have are: Morocco, Istanbul and Transylvania which are available here and here

top to bottom: Istanbul, Morocco, Transylvania 
End verdict:
I love these, end of story. They are beautiful and don't feel like you're wearing sandpaper.
10/10



NYX - Bedtime Flirt, WNW - My Tulips Are Sealed
The next, and final two, liquid lips are NYX Lip Lingerie in 'Bedtime Flirt', which is pretty much the perfect lip color in the history of lip colors. The lip lingerie lippies glide on super smooth, don't get overly dry and is one of the prettiest shades that are on the market. I've found that applying a chap-stick or balm before applying this shade will work in your favor, it'll go on smoother and won't get as dry throughout the day. The very last lip product is from Wet n Wild, it's from the new 'Metallic Liquid Lip' line (which is part of the Summer Collection) and is in the shade 'My Tulips Are Sealed'. This shade is so much fun, it's light and sparkly but wear-able and almost duo-chrome. I had to go to five different Walgreens to find this bad boy, and now that I've fallen in love with it, I wish I would have bought the whole line.

top to bottom: NYX -Bedtime Flirt and Wet N Wild - My Tulips Are Sealed 
Final Verdict:
Each of these are great summer colors, just on different ends of the lippie spectrum. I would repurchase both of these without even thinking. 
9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment