visit me on influenster

Friday, June 3, 2016

The sticky Florida weather and the havoc on my skin.



Hello everyone - hope everyone is doing great!


So I live in Florida, where it's roughly 900 degrees everyday - give or take. With summer around the bend and the use of sunscreen, our skin can get pretty messed up - at least mine does. With this being said, how about we talk about some skincare products that I've been using to the last drop.


First we have Mario Badescu - Acne Facial Cleanser. I can't rave enough about this gem. As someone who wears glasses, sometimes sweat can form between my frames and my face (gross I know, but it happens to the best of us.) Once the weather turns and it becomes 900 degrees outside and the sweat starts flowing, my skin turns into a welcoming home for acne. The texture of this cleanser is light and refreshing and really cleans down the very bottom of every pore. I'm fairly certain this is probably the 10th bottle of this that I've bought in the past couple years.






Second let's look at a product that's on the new-ish side, e.l.f. BB Cream which contains SPF 20 (always apply that SPF!!) I find that for me, more often than not, foundation is too much for my skin and usually results in me breaking out like crazy. In searching for something that will give me a touch of coverage I can across this wonderful BB cream. It gives just the right amount of coverage - not too much and not too little - that it leaves the skin in a even tone all while protecting with SPF 20. The texture of this BB is very light, almost that of a lotion and at around $6, you can't beat it.
I have the two worst problems when it comes to face makeup - I'm both neutral pale and oily. This being said, matte foundations just make me look like cake face, mixed with oiliness doesn't look good - like at all. Lucky for me, and all the pale people out there that like a touch of dewy not oily, Hard Candy came out with Illuminate & Strobing Mix-in Drops, which to me, are not a dupe for Cover FX custom drops, but are very close. I like to add these lightweight drops to whatever it is I'm putting on my face for the day - whether it be just lotion, a BB cream or full on foundation.




Thanks for reading my first post! I'm hoping that in these next few weeks I can get this blog up and running and actually get in the swing of things.



No comments:

Post a Comment